Recent trend of using Cast Iron has been acknowledged as one of the safest and healthiest cookware because its natural and without chemicals or coatings.
La gourmet® uses the latest Revolutionary Press Cast Technology which makes our cast iron more than 30% LIGHTER than normal.
1. Using SPECIAL NITRIDING TECHNOLOGY which makes La gourmet® NITRIGAN LIGHT CAST IRON cookware
*HIGHLY RUST RESISTANT
*DURABLE – can last for many years and can be passed from generation to generation.
2. up to 50% energy savings.
3. Healthy- Cast Iron cooware is said to be healthiest and safest cooware to use.Using the ‘Revolutionary Press Cast Technology’ maes La gourmet Cast Iron cooware 30% lighter. For customers who want the benefits of cast iron cookware without the heavy weight.Get the ‘WO HEI’ on frying1. Free of Lead & Cadium.
2. Tested by SGS Laboratories.
3. 100 % Saafe, hygienic, healthy and nutiritious cooking.Please follow these instructions to prolong the product life and to maintain the optimal performance of your La gourmet® Nitriding Wok. Conditioning the pan with oil before it is used for the first time is very important.
First wash your pan’s inner and outer surface with some dish washing liquid. Rinse and dry it.
After drying the pan, please follow the oil conditioning procedure.
Initial Oil Conditioning
1. Fill the pan with one cup of oil.
2. Heat the pan for approximately
5 minutes using low heat or until
the pan is smoking hot.
3. Coat the entire interior cookware by tilting the pan and turn the oil around.
4. Turn off the heat and remove the oil from the pan. The oil can be kept in an oil pot for repeated seasoning. CAUTION: Pan is very hot
5. Using a soft towel, spread and work the remaining oil residue evenly into the pan surface.
6. Initial oil conditioning is completed and the pan is ready to be used.
CAUTION: PLEASE BE CAREFULL WHEN HANDLING AND USING HEATED OIL.
BEFORE EVERY USE
Routine oil conditioning must always be performed before each use. Performing oil conditioning before each use prevents food from sticking and makes cooking and cleaning much easier. This is something that most professional cooks know and do.
With proper conditioning, the cookware will form a natural patina and will resist food from sticking, making cooking and cleaning easier.
Routine Oil Conditioning
1. Heat up your pan using
2. Add about ½ cup of oil to the
pan (you can reuse the oil
from the first conditioning).
3. Tilt the pan and turn the oil around to coat the entire interior surface.
4. After the oil is heated and the pan is evenly coated and conditioned, return the oil to its oil pot.
5. The pan is ready for cooking. Please add fresh oil for your usual cooking.
*Oil conditioning prevents food from sticking while creating a coating which allows heat to be distributed more evenly on the pan surface.
1. Use a scrub brush while the
cookware is still hot and wash
the pan with water/hot water.
(Avoid using the dishwasher
and dish soap as it may strip
away the protective coating)
2. When done rinse it off and wipe
off any moisture from both
interior and exterior of the
cookware.The cookware should
be properly dried before storing.
* Make sure to perform routine oil
conditioning before each use.
* Using a detergent may strip away
the protective coating acquired from oil conditioning.
* Should the pan require deep cleaning with a detergent, apply oil evenly to the surface after cleaning.
* Reperforming initial oil conditioning is recommended before use.